Your customers have new emails or phone numbers? No problem. You can update your contacts list anytime. You can do it in two ways:
- Update contacts manually
- Update through Import
Update contacts manually
You can update a single contact (or more if you don't find it time-consuming) by manually editing it.
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Select the contact that you want to update and click Edit.
- Fill in any empty fields or change the old info. Then, click Save.
Note: the uniqueness of a contact is based on three values: first their ExternalID, then their mobile and lastly their email. There cannot be two contacts with the same ExternalID. Contacts with two different ExternalID's however can have the same email and mobile.
And that's it, you have updated the contact of your choosing.
Update through Import
The same steps apply as when you import new contacts.
- Go to the Loopify dashboard and open the Contacts app.
- Click Import Contacts.
- A new window pops up. Drag & drop your updated Excel or CSV file or click upload here and select the file from your computer.
- Select how does the first row of your table look like, with names of the columns or without. Then, click Next step.
- Your fields will be mapped to the Loopify fields automatically. If you have a field that you don't want to import just select Ignore this field and click Next step.
- Select what would you like to do with the existing contacts. To update them, choose Update existing contacts with the imported data.
- Add tags and/or add your contacts to segments.
- Click Confirm import.
Your contacts will be automatically updated.
Tip: If you have a new field in your file that you have not yet created in the Contacts app, you need to add it first in the Manage fields so that you can map it.
Note: When importing contacts with international mobile numbers, the numbers need to be written with a leading '+' instead of '00'.
Your contacts are now updated and waiting for your next campaign. Hurry up!