I hope you're ready to update your contact(s). Being an Update block, you kinda need to specify the type of update. Also, it needs to be connected to other blocks like a Campaign Entry block. Those contacts have to come out of somewhere.
- Drag & drop the Update contact block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to another block.
- Hover over the block and to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Update contact settings
In the settings you can:
- Add to segment - when contacts reach this block, they will be added to the specified segment.
- Remove from segment - when contacts reach this block, they will be removed from the specified segment.
- Add tag(s) - when contacts reach this block, a specified tag or tags will be added to them.
- Remove tag(s) - when contacts reach this block, a specified tag or tags will be removed from them.
- Update contact field - when contacts reach this block, the selected Loopify field will be updated with the newly given text values. If the input type of the field is date, the value can be additionally set/changed with some extra settings.
- Copy data from another contact - gives you the option to update contacts with data from another contact. To do this first, you must have a contact with ExternalID field whose value must be the same as the value in the custom field of the contacts that will be updated later.
- Delete contact - if you wish to delete some contacts that entered your flow you can do that by using this option. When this option is chosen and the contacts arrive at this block they'll be immediately deleted. But keep in mind that they'll be permanently removed from the account deleted after 30 days.
There are two types of Update contact block connections:
- onDone - when contacts are updated, i.e. the process is done, the contacts move onto the other connected block.
- onError - when an error occurs, the contacts move onto the other connected block (ex. you receive an alert that something went wrong).
The block reports can be accessed after you activate your Flow campaign. For each report, a date picker is provided where you can select a specific date range and see the data of each block for the selected period. The pre-set date range for all blocks is All time.
In an active flow hover over the block and click on the Reports button. In the left panel, you can see the number of:
- Contacts that arrived here and
- Contacts that have been successfully updated.