I hope you're ready to update your contact(s). Being an Update block, you kinda need to specify the type of update. Also, it needs to be connected to other blocks like a campaign entry block. Those contacts have to come out of somewhere.
- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the Update contact block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to another block. The contacts have to come out of somewhere.
- Hover over the block and to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Note: The Action setting is required.
Update contact settings
In the settings you can:
- Add to segment - when contacts reach this block, they will be added to a specified segment.
- Remove from segment - when contacts reach this block, they will be removed from a specified segment.
- Add tag(s) - when contacts reach this block, a specified tag or tags will be added to them.
- Remove tag(s) - when contacts reach this block, a specified tag or tags will be removed from them.
- Update contact field - when contacts reach this block, the selected text field will be updated with the newly given text values. If the input type in the field is date, the value will be set/changed to the date the update occurs.
- Connect the Update contact block to another block.
- Choose the type of connection.
There are two types of Update contact block connections:
- onDone - when contacts are updated, i.e. the process is done, the contacts move onto the other connected block.
- onError - when an error occurs, the contacts move onto the other connected block (ex. you receive an alert that something went wrong).