I hope you're ready to update your contact(s). Being an Update block, you kinda need to specify the type of update. Also, it needs to be connected to other blocks like a Campaign Entry block. Those contacts have to come out of somewhere.
- Drag & drop the Update contact block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to another block.
- Hover over the block and to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Update contact settings
In the settings you can:
- Add to segment - when contacts reach this block, they will be added to the specified segment.
- Remove from segment - when contacts reach this block, they will be removed from the specified segment.
- Add tag(s) - when contacts reach this block, a specified tag or tags will be added to them.
- Remove tag(s) - when contacts reach this block, a specified tag or tags will be removed from them.
- Update contact field - when contacts reach this block, the selected Loopify field will be updated with the newly given text values. If the input type of the field is date, the value can be additionally set/changed with some extra settings.
There are two types of Update contact block connections:
- onDone - when contacts are updated, i.e. the process is done, the contacts move onto the other connected block.
- onError - when an error occurs, the contacts move onto the other connected block (ex. you receive an alert that something went wrong).
The block reports can be accessed after you activate your Flow campaign. For each report, a date picker is provided where you can select a specific date range and see the data of each block for the selected period. The pre-set date range for all blocks is All time.
In an active flow hover over the block and click on the Reports button. In the left panel, you can see the number of:
- Contacts that arrived here and
- Contacts that have been successfully updated.