Create custom data fields to your contacts to find or segment them more easily. This will allow you to know what each contact is interested in.
- Go to the Contacts app and click the Manage Fields button.
Here is where you will create all your new fields, and give them names and values.
- Click the Add new field button to create a new field, or further add as many custom fields as needed.
- Write the field name.
- Choose the input type from the drop-down.
- Fill in the placeholder text field.
- Fill in the tooltip text field.
- Add a validation rule. You can add three types of validation rules:
- required field
- min length of the custom data
- max length of the custom data
- Set an error message that will inform if the rule is not met. Not all input types can have validation rules.
- Click Add when you are done.
- To update an existing custom field, click the settings icon.
- Delete the custom field if you change your mind.
Tip: You can also access this from the Loopify dashboard → Settings → Contact settings.
Divide and conquer! Now go ahead and read how to Segment contacts.