Create custom data fields to your contacts to find or segment them more easily. This will allow you to know what each contact is interested in.
- Go to the Contacts app and click the Manage Fields button.
Tip: You can also access this from the Loopify dashboard → Settings → Contact settings.
Here is where you will create all your new fields, and give them names and values.
- Click the Add new field button to create a new field, or further add as many custom fields as needed.
- Write the field name. Having dots in the name could show a Field name conflict error in the source of the field, so just slightly change the name.
- Choose the input type (date, number, text, text area or sequence-number) from the drop-down.
- Fill in the placeholder text field.
- Fill in the tooltip text field.
- Add a validation rule. You can add three types of validation rules:
- required field
- min length of the custom data
- max length of the custom data
- Set an error message that will inform if the rule is not met. Not all input types can have validation rules.
- Click Add when you are done.
- To update an existing custom field, click the settings icon.
- Delete the custom field if you change your mind.
The user role cannot manage the contact fields.
Divide and conquer! Now go ahead and read how to Segment contacts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.