- Go to the Activate tab.
Campaign name and tags
- Name it. Add tags to set it apart from other campaigns and to find it more easily.
- Schedule the campaign for a specific date and time or click Just start when published.
Add stop date or repeat the campaign
Choose one of the three options:
Nope, just keep running.
Repeat campaign: Choose a frequency rate or enter the More repeat options.
When choosing simply a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly repeat without using the "more options," there is no stop date. This means the campaign will keep repeating forever unless you manually stop it.
If you enter the more repeat options, you can choose the repeat frequency from the first drop-down. As a second option, you can choose either
Until - where you can add a Scheduled stop date and time or
Recurring date interval - this means choosing a start and end date in which the campaign will reoccur.
Note: In the Reoccuring option, you can choose just day and month because, for example, you can add 08/11 - 15/5, and let's say that today's date is 12/02/2021. The campaign will start looping from Monday, 08 November 2021 23:00:00 and stop on Sunday, 15 May 2022 23:00:00. This campaign will loop only in those months between November and May.
If the Flow was frozen and you unfreeze it on a date that's within the start/end date interval - the execution will be done on the day you unfroze it
Example: If the start date is 10/10, the end date is 12/12 and your Flow was frozen on 9/9 but you unfreeze it on 11/11 - the execution date will be 11/11 (a valid date within the start/end interval)
Schedule campaign stop date: Choose a date and time when your campaign stops looping. Or just keep it running.
Once the flow is on repeat with a stop date, you'll see a message below informing you of the next repeat scheduled date and time. Also if you go to the flow dashboard, the campaign that is on repeat will have the 'repeat icon' and on hover, you'll get information for the repeat frequency.
Click the drop-down menu to set it from inactive to:
- RUN TEST - set to test mode. Stop the test and all actions will be stopped. Read more about the differences between a live Flow campaign and a Flow campaign in test mode.
- GO LIVE - publish the campaign and let the magic go live!
- Freeze the campaign. All actions will be paused until you resume. Pages and links will still work. It's super useful when you decide to add new contacts to the campaign and send them the same communication or even a new one. Unfreeze to continue.
- Deactivate the campaign. All actions will be stopped. Links will work, but pages will be set to inactive.
Ta-da! With a campaign like that you are going to WOW your customers. You can start working on something new and exciting!