It's time to create your contacts list. It's easy and you can do it in two ways.
- Import contacts
- Add contacts
- In the Loopify dashboard, open the Contacts app.
- Click Import Contacts.
- A new window pops up. Drag & drop your Excel or CSV file or click Upload here and select the file from your computer.
- Select how does the first row of your table looks like, with or without the names of the columns. If it matches, click Next step.
- Map your fields to the Loopify fields. If you have a field that you don't want to import just select Ignore this field and click Next step.
- You can add tags and/or add your contacts to segments.
- Click Confirm import.
Tip: If you have a new field in your file that you have not yet created in the Contacts app, you have to add it first so that you can map it.
Your contacts will be automatically imported with a notification about the progress.
Note: When importing contacts with international mobile numbers, we suggest the numbers to be written with a leading '+' instead of '00'. Starting the numbers with '+' would be the best practice, because then the country carriers will decide what to replace the '+' with, based on the country you're calling from.
For example, let's say you have a number from a customer starting with '00385' and try to call it from the US, the call will fail. But if the number starts with '+385' the call will succeed, because then the network will replace the '+' with the American '011' instead of hardcoded '00'.
When you are importing dates, pay extra attention to the date format. Loopify expects either MM/dd/yyyy or a date stated with words, like March 14, 2020. If you somehow end up with incorrect or no dates in your contacts, try adjusting the date format in your file (Excel for example has many options for this).
You can add your contacts manually one by one.
- Go to the Loopify dashboard and open the Contacts app.
- Click Add contact.
- Fill out the field details. You can also add tags and/or add your contact to segments.
- When you are done, click Add.
That's it, you just added your first contact. 👏
You are ready to learn to Manage your contact fields!