Variables are super important. You can add variables in the print template and campaign. The same steps apply.
Variables in text
Customize the text in a module and make the document more personal by adding variables.
- Click a module or field that contains text to add variables.
- Click anywhere in the text where you wish to add the variable. Then, click the variable icon.
A new window pops up.
- Select which contact field you wish to insert. The contact fields listed here include the basic fields from the Contacts app as well as the custom fields that you have created. You say what? We say read Manage fields to understand.
- Write what should the field include, in case the specific field is empty for some of the selected contacts who are going to receive the campaign. Click OK.
When you send the campaign, the variables automatically fill in for the selected contact field of each contact receiving the campaign.
Variables in custom link
There is also another option to insert variables in links, specifically custom links. You can read more about how to Add links.
- Click the link icon.
A new window pops up. Follow these steps to fill in the data.
- Choose Custom link (not validated) from the drop-down menu.
- Type the link URL and insert the variable. This creates a custom link for each contact, meaning that the link will be different for each contact depending on the chosen variable.
- When you are done, click Use.
Well done! Victory dance 💃🏻🕺🏾. If you wish you can read our related articles, but no pressure.