When it comes to segmentation, Loopify has it all. There are many ways to divide your contacts and conquer, and if you are all new to segmentation and wondering how to segment your contacts, you are in the right place!
Now, without further ado, let's start!
- Create your main or smart segment.
- You can include the segment field in your excel/CSV file and on import your field will be mapped with the Loopify field. The contacts will be then imported to the correct segment.
- If you didn't include the segment field in your contacts file, on the third step of the import (before confirming the import), you can add tags to your contacts or add them to segments.
Manually adding segments
- Contacts can also be manually added to segments. Click on any contact and click Edit. Add one or multiple segments using the plus button in their Segments fields and click Save. You can also remove them from a segment the same way.
- Tick the empty box right next to one or more contacts. A menu for ticked contacts will appear above. Click on it and select Add to segment(s)+ and simply select the segment you want. Ticked contacts can also be removed from segments, tags can be added and removed, they can be added to Flow campaigns and exported as CSV!
Through the API block
Before we start explaining segmentation if you are not introduced to our API block go ahead and read that article.
All you need to do is include in your JSON the segments part:
If you need more details for updating and importing segment values through the API block, our article is here to give you the needed information.
Through the File import block
Similar to the previous import. All you need to do is include the segments that already exist in your Loopify account in your contacts file, and paste the file link from the file in the import block's settings.
You can also update the segment values through the File Import block, but you can get the details reading our article on the subject.
Using the update contacts block
This is a handy block that can be a part of your flow campaign. All you need to do is drag&drop the Update contacts block and select the action after an event has happened: Add to segment or remove from segment.
You can even have an External form block where new contacts are coming from and you would able to segment them right away with the Update contacts block.
Those are the ways to segment your contacts in Loopify, now go through the details and happy segmentation! 🥂