Segmenting contacts is a smart but simple way to divide and sort your contacts in a way you see fit.
Tip: You can also access this from the Loopify dashboard → Settings → Contact settings.
Manage your segments
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Click the gear button next to Segments.
- This opens the Manage your segments window.
- Either edit the Main segments or Add a new segment group.
Here you can see and access the three pre-set main segment values: Customers, Leads, and Partners. If you want you can:
- Change the input type from multiple-select to single-select.
- Rename the three main segment values.
- Delete them.
- Add new values.
- Click Update if you have made any changes.
New segment group
If you want you can add a new custom segment group.
Tip: Any new segment group will also become a contact field for all of your contacts.
- Click add a new segment group.
- Write the segment name.
- Choose the input type from the drop-down menu: single-select or multiple-select.
- Add new values.
- Click Add when you are done.
Note: The values of the main and custom segment groups are considered as tags which can be used when segmenting contacts by tags.
Now you can segment your contacts.
- Select a contact.
- Click Edit.
- Add it to one of your segments.
- Select multiple contacts.
- Click +Add to segment(s) from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the segment and click Apply.
Single-select allows you to choose only one (single) value for that segment.
Multiple-select allows you to choose several (multiple) values for that segment.
The Trash can stores deleted contacts, segments, smart segments and custom fields for 30 days. You can always Restore any of them during this time.
The user role cannot manage the main segments.
You've mastered this level now it's time for the next challenge, Smart segments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.