Our Flow can do many things, we've already established.🤩 Now, you will be able to import and update segment values from your contact file, through the File Import block.
Let's see how is this done.
If you are not familiar with the File Import block go and check out that article.
- Go to the Flow app
- Pick the File Import block from the campaign entries and drag and drop it to the flow canvas.
- Enter the file import settings, where you can paste your contact file URL.
Note: Make sure your contacts file contains the segments that already exist in Loopify. If they don't, go ahead and create those segments or learn more about segmentation.
- After pasting the URL click Manage File Mapping and if this looks like the names of your file columns click Next Step.
- In this step map the segment field to the Loopify field and click Ok.
- When you are ready, set the flow campaign live.
- From the file import settings, trigger the block, and your contacts will appear in the contacts app in the right segments.
Add or remove segment values
In your contacts file, you can add or remove segment values. Take a look at this contact file example:
First Name; Email; Segments; Tags
- The segment values must be comma separated. (The comma-separated list can include spaces)
- When the "+" is used, the value should be added, and when the "-" is used the value should be removed.
- Now, when you map the segment field with the Loopify field, the result from the example will be: The "customers" and "partners" values will be added to the contact and the "leads" value will be removed.
Note: If the segment group is single-select the existing value will be updated with the new value. If the segment is set to multiple-select, then the new segment value will be imported. If this value already exists on the contact, the value wouldn't be imported.
Advanced segment synchronization
From the File Import block, you can also use the Advanced segment synchronization option to import and update segment values. Read more about that option in the File Import block article.
Now, when you know how to manage your segment values with the File Import block, it's time for some new knowledge!🤓 Go ahead and learn how to import and update segment values through the API block.