It's time to take your segments to the next level and make them super smart. Add Smart segments to your Contacts to easily divide them into groups for better and easier communication.
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Click on the New segment button. A new window pops up.
- Give your Smart segment a name.
- Choose whether the contacts should match some or all of the selected criteria. 'Some' means that it isn't necessary for the contact to match everything that you have listed below. As long as the contact matches 'some' of the criteria, it will be added to this segment. 'All' means that the contact has to match all criteria and fulfill every condition you have set. Otherwise, it won't be added to this segment.
- Click the first drop-down menu to see the contact field variables. Select the contact variable you need to segment the contacts.
- From the second drop-down menu, choose which condition should be met.
- Write the value in the empty field. Or if it's a tag value, select the one you need.
- Add new criteria or add a new group if you want to make this smart segment as specific as possible.
- Click Save & Close when you are done.
Tip: 'Is equal to' means that the selected variable should be the exactly written value. For example, 'City is equal to York' will include only the city York and not New York. 'Contains' means that the selected variable should contain that value. For example, 'City contains York' will include both York and New York.
Note: The 'matches' variable uses regular expressions ("regex") as values. A regular expression (or "regex") consists of a search pattern and modifiers, and it is used for matching one or more characters within a string. We use the PCRE library to do the search. This heavily affects the patterns and modifiers you can use.
That's it! You have created your new Smart segment which will appear on your list of Smart segments. Now use it in your campaigns to send these customers communication which is in their interest.