Before going live and letting the magic happen, you might want to do a quick test to double-check if everything is tuned fine in the Flow. Flow testing is very important if you want to make sure all the flow blocks are correctly set, and that the right people will receive the right campaigns.
The Flow app offers some test settings, so let's see what we have:
- In the Contacts block, you'll see the Campaign Test Members option. The segment selected here will be the testers when the Flow goes into Test mode. This can be, for example, your colleagues!
- Campaign Test Members will receive any communication from a block that they are connected to. They will receive the connected email, SMS or prints and see the campaigns first-hand.
- Flow Testing can be used for testing if the correct updates will be applied to your contacts. For example, adding the contacts to the right segment after a specific action, adding or removing tags to them, checking if they match certain criteria, adding contacts to already existing campaigns and etc.
- Loopify Pages will also work when the Flow is set to Test mode. This way you can preview the page and double-check your form module.
- You can preview links in your campaigns, the wait blocks and their timing, the alerts and reports, or whatever you can think of!
Note: When you have fully set up your campaign, go into the Activate Tab and click on the Run Test. The test will then start. You can stop the test at any time, by clicking Stop Test.
If you're all satisfied with the test mode and how everything looks, it is time to GO LIVE with the campaign and let the Flow do its thing. But still, if the test and live mode confuse you, you can read to find out more about the difference between them.