You can use this block to match against all contact information, simply check if the contact has been here before or set a time frame when the contact will arrive or has arrived in this block.
- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the Contact match block to the Flow canvas.
- Hover over the block to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Note: The segment setting is required. Also, this block is connected to another block because it has to match against something.
Contact match settings
In the settings you check if:
- The contact matches a segment - choose from your existing main or smart segments or create a new campaign segment. Use the contact match block to select the right segment with the content you want to match against. You can match against all contact information, just create a smart segment with the content you will match against.
- The contact has been here before - check if the contact has been there before. Based on whether the contact has been there before or not, you decide what will the next step be. Very useful when connected with the New Entry block, to prevent contacts from entering a flow more times.
- The contact has been here in the last... - check if the contact has been there in the pre-set number of days. Based on whether the contact has been there in the selected time frame or not, you decide what will the next step be.
- The contact arrives here later then... - set up a date and time to know if the contact arrives later then the selected date and time. Based on whether the contact has arrived later than the selected time frame or not, you decide what will the next step be.
These four questions can have two answers, either yes or no. That's why you can connect this block to other blocks with two types of connections.
- Connect it to another block.
- Choose the type of connection.
There are two types of Contact match block connections:
- yes - if the contact matches the selected criteria, it will pass onto another block connected with this connection.
- no - if the contact doesn't match the selected criteria, it will pass onto another block connected with this connection.
The block reports can be accessed after you activate your Flow campaign. For each report, a date picker is provided where you can select a specific date range and see the data of each block for the selected period. The pre-set date range for all blocks is All time.
In an active flow hover over the block and click on the Reports button. In the left panel you can see your reports and check how many contacts match your selected criteria:
- Contacts that arrived here divided into:
- all with YES and
- all with NO.