Add this block to your flow and you are just a few clicks away from receiving reports. This is amazing. You can see how your campaigns are doing and keep track of your communication's info.
- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the Send report block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to another block like a communication block.
- Hover over the block and to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Note: The report type, user and frequency are required, but the description is optional.
Send report settings
Now let's go over each of the Send report settings one by one.
Type of report
Select the type of report that should be sent.
- Contact & campaign data: Information regarding the contacts included in that campaign and information about the campaign. For example, you have a page with an email and SMS consent form. Connect the page to a report block to receive contact & campaign data on submit. So, in this report, you will receive information about which contacts have given email or SMS consent.
- Email summary: Information regarding the email connected to the report block. This means that you will receive information for each contact providing data when the email was sent, opened, clicked or whether at some point it has bounced.
Note: The Email summary type in the Send report block works when used after an Email block only.
Summaries for Page, Print, and SMS are coming soon. The page, print and SMS summaries will also work accordingly after a page, print or SMS block.
Select the users to whom you want to send the report to. You will see a list of all the account users you can choose from.
The third step is to select the frequency i.e. how often should the report be sent.
- Daily - once a day. The detailed report for that day will be generated the next day in the early morning.
- Weekly - once a week. You will receive the report on the first Monday early in the morning, after the activation of the flow. For example, if it was triggered on Friday you will receive the report on Monday.
- Monthly - once a month. You will receive the report for that month on the 1st of next month. For example, if it was triggered on Jan 15th you will receive the report on Feb 1st (next month).
Note: If no contacts arrive to this block - no reports will be sent.
In the final step, you can add your own description of the report so you could understand more easily what the report is about when you receive it.
Connections TO the Report block
- Make a connection from another block (ex. communication block) to the Report block.
- Choose the type of connection. For example, for a communication block (like Email), you can choose to receive the report onSend, onOpen, onClick or onError. Moreover, if you have a page block in your campaign you can receive the report onVisit, onFormSubmit or onError.
Connections FROM the Report block
- Make a connection from the Report block to another block.
- Choose one of the two types of connections from the Report block: onDone - when the report is sent or onError - when an error occurs.
Note: Connections TO the Report block are a more likely scenario in a flow campaign etc. the Send report block is usually used as the last block in a flow.
The block reports can be accessed after you activate your Flow campaign. For each report, a date picker is provided where you can select a specific date range and see the data of each block for the selected period. The pre-set date range for all blocks is All time.
In an active flow hover over the block and click on the Reports button. In the left panel, you can see the number of:
- Contacts that arrived here and
- Successful reports sent.
Now, how about you activate your flow campaign. It's time.😉