Use this one to send a specific alert notifying you about something that happened. 🔔
- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the Send alert block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to another block.
- Hover over the block and to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Note: The message, method, and contacts settings are required.
Send alert settings
As you can see, there are three fields you can fill out:
- Send alert - fill in the message field with the message this alert will contain. You can also add variables. Adding variables is a very useful way to receive specific alerts about specific contacts. For example, let's say that you have sent an email with RSVP form and you have set alert variables like: "First Name Last Name has submitted the form". OnFormSubmit, you will receive separate alerts with the actual first and last name for every contact that has submitted i.e. "John Doe has confirmed attendance".
- By - select how you want to send this alert. Choose either SMS or Email as a method of sending. Please note that SMS alerts will cost you credits. You have to choose the method before selecting an account user.
- To - choose which account user should receive this alert. It is a search bar, so you can just type a name or email.
Note: Remember, an alert will be sent to you for each action separately!
- Connect the email block with another block.
- Choose the type of connection.
There are two types of a Send alert block connections:
- onDone - when the alert is sent.
- onError - when an error occurs.
The block reports can be accessed after you activate your Flow campaign. For each report, a date picker is provided where you can select a specific date range and see the data of each block for the selected period. The pre-set date range for all blocks is All time.
In an active flow hover over the block and click on the Reports button. In the left panel, you can see the number of:
- Contacts that arrived here and
- Successful alerts sent.
Brilliant! Now, how about you activate your flow campaign.
If you have gone through all our articles, congratulations! Now you know every nook and cranny of Loopify. Put all your knowledge into practice or if reading is your jam, head over to our blog.