In our template editor, you can do numerous things. Here is one neat thing: Lock your necessary modules when you copy a ready-made campaign!
Make sure your header and footer containing your brand specific colors, and logo along with company info stay in the template when you copy a ready-made campaign from the headquarter.
Example: Our Sportify company is the headquarter and Sporify UK is the branch. Sportify has a dark grayish logo and Sportify UK has a light blue logo. Both companies have different logos and different company info. Sportify finished the newsletter content and shared the email template with its branch Sporify UK. However, the newsletter contains the Sportify logo and company info.
Now Sportify UK has to copy the template content from its headquarter, but the necessary company info and logo for Sporify UK must be kept. We can lock those modules in the template.
Here is how to do exactly that:
- Open your email template in the template editor.
- Select the header module, so that you can see the Module Template Settings for the selected module.
- Open the Advanced settings and from the Modules Allowed drow-down menu choose Only below. This will not allow other modules to be inserted above the header module, only below.
- For the footer module choose Only above. So that other modules cannot be inserted below the footer module, only above.
- If you have more than one header and footer modules, the last header module should be only below and the first footer should be only above. All other header and footer modules must have the Neither above nor below setting. And all header and footer modules should have not movable and not removable setting.
Note: The headquarter should also lock their header and footer. This way when the branch copies a ready-made campaign the locked modules should be replaced.
Once that is all done you can go ahead and use the template in the campaign editor. Save the changes and copy a ready-made campaign form the headquarter.
- Click the copy ready-made from the top of your campaign list.
- Select the campaign with the now locked header and footer.
- Open the campaign in the campaign editor and, the header and footer should be with your logo and company info, and the rest of the content will be copied from the headquarter campaign.
Easy eh? You can keep your logo and company info when you copy a ready-made campaign, without creating it all over again.
Now go ahead and read how to save preview and publish your email template.