It's really important to have your customers' permission to send them any type of communication. This flow should be one of the first things you do, especially if you have customers that haven't yet chosen whether they want to receive communication from you or not. GDPR - eat, live and breathe it!
#1 Select the contacts
- New customers - You should ask for their permission in the very beginning, either in your sign-up form or in the welcome email.
- Old customers - Those that haven't yet chosen whether they would like to receive communication or not. Select the segment containing these contacts.
#2 Send them an email with a link to a consent form
The email should include either:
- A link to your manage subscription page. The page should also include the same opt-in/opt-out option for any type of communication you would like to send.
#3 Update the contacts upon submitting the form
The contacts that have filled out and submitted this form are now up-to-date with the GDPR policy. You should organize or group them to separate them from the rest. Segments and tags can do this job.
- Update the contacts with a segment or tag value. All these customers that are tagged/segmented have filled out the form and have chosen the permissions that suit them.
#4 Receive reports
Stay in the loop! Know how many of the selected contacts have come this far.
- Select yourself or some of the other account users to receive reports. Choose the frequency and the send method that suit you.
A tiny flow, but so powerful! Get some more inspiration, we're giving it away!