Making a newsletter sign-up flow in Loopify is sooo easy. There are several similar ways to do it but you can always improve and adjust it to your needs. Roll up your sleeves and let's get down to business.
#1 Choose the form
You can either use:
- A Loopify page with a form - use the Page block to be able to post it as a totally open link on social media channels.
- Your own form - this is referred to as 'an external form' because it's not a Loopify form.
If you decide to use your own form you can either:
- Use our API and the API entry block to transfer that data to Loopify. First, you'll need to get access to use our API. The OAuth2 authorization protocol makes this a secure method for transferring all of that sensitive data.
- Use the External form block to link your form to Loopify. This is not as secure of a method as it's the API.
#2 Send the first email
After a customer has signed up for a newsletter, it's time to send them a welcome email.
- Ask them to confirm their email address.
- Link to a personal page where your customers give you ⚠️permission⚠️ to send them communication. Ding, ding, ding! GDPR people!
#3 Update the contacts
Your newly signed-up customers are now 'contacts' in Loopify. Organizing and grouping them is key. Segments and tags work miracles in that department.
- Update the contacts with a segment or tag value. It's so much easier to send all those amazing follow-up newsletters when all your customers are neatly put together in a segment.
You can either stop here or take it up a notch.
- Start a series of newsletters (#4) - After you have updated your contacts you can start sending them a series of newsletter emails. Use smart timing so that you don't bombard them at once.
Tip: We advise sticking to a couple of less complicated flows than one with a lot of blocks and things going on. The next part, sending a series of newsletters, would work the best if you make it as a separate Flow with timings, reminders and anything else that you need to add.
There it is! A simple yet effective Newsletter sign-up flow. If you need some more inspiration, we've got it and we are throwing it your way!