Tagging is all about labeling your contacts. In Loopify you can add tags to your contacts even on import. This will make your contacts unique and our smart segments will allow you to segment your contacts by tags. 🏷️
Create a smart segment using the Tags field
Now let's say that you've added tags to your contacts through your campaigns or through import. These are listed in the Tag field in each contact. Why not make a smart segment only for those tagged contacts? It'll come in handy when sending your newsletter. With our smart segments, you can segment your newly added contacts with these tags. And the contacts will be ordered in one place. Amazing right?
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Click Import Contacts to add your new contacts.
- In the import process choose the segment you want to add your contacts and add a tag so you can later distinguish them from the contacts that are already part of the segment.
- Click on the New segment button.
- Name your segment.
- Choose all to match the selected criteria.
- From the first drop-down menu choose the contact field Tags.
- From the second drop-down menu, choose the condition 'contains'.
- Select one of the tag values from the third drop-down menu.
- Add new criteria or add a new group if you want to make this smart segment more specific.
- Save & Close when you are done.
Now you have a smart segment that is segmented by the newly added tags and only the newly added contacts are part from that segment.
That's it! Easy as pie.🥧
Now go ahead and learn how to use smart segmentation to list contacts with email consent.