Wrong contacts receiving wrong communication is the worst nightmare for every marketer. That's why testing before send is the mother of all.🧐
Today we'll show you how to test, and make sure your contacts receive the intended email.
The first level of segmentation is the basic segmentation and it's allowing you to divide customers based on their interests. In order to use priority segmentation, you must have a basic segmentation to your module. Priority segmentation can't be used on a module that is not previously segmented.
How to test?
In the Contacts app
- Create a new segment group and add your colleagues and yourself as part of different segment values.
- In our example, the segment group is named 'Interests' and we have added three segment values: 'road bikes', 'mountain bikes' and 'time trial bikes'. Each one of the colleagues is part of one of the segment values.
- Create a new segment and add one more colleague as part of that segment so that we can test the content for all others.
- In our example, we have created a main segment called 'New leads' and added one colleague as part of that segment.
- Now, create a smart segment containing the contacts from both the segment 'Interests' and the segment 'New leads'.
In the Flow app
- Create a new flow.
- Drag&drop the Contacts block and select the Smart segment you've made.
- Connect the Contacts block with an Email block and select your email.
- Drag&drop the Page block on the flow canvas.
- Choose a page and copy it to the flow.
- Click to edit the page and segment it with personalized content to each of your colleagues. According to our example, there should be 3 segmented modules in the page.
- Remember to drag and drop your modules into the blue colored area. When drag&dropping a new module, the line must change to blue. Edit the content that would fit the contacts in the chosen segment. There won't be 3 modules, just 1 module with 3 different versions!
- For the Content for all others you have to drag&drop another module. That module will be seen only by the contacts that are not part of the segmented modules. In our example that will be the case with the colleague we've added in the segment 'New leads'.
- Save and exit the page.
- Click to edit the email block and link the page where you need it in the email.
- In the link, select the option Link to a page in Loopify and select your page.
- Save and exit the email.
- Now it's time to activate the flow campaign and see what you have done!
Note: In order for the page in your email to work, the flow must be activated or in test mode.
All 3 colleagues that were a part of the segmentation will receive an email with a link to their own personalized page, with the content that they are interested in. The other colleague that wasn't a part of the segmentation will receive the content for all others.
And voilà! Only one page, but in 4 different versions. Once you are done with testing you can send your campaign to real customers and impress them!🤩