We do have a lot of form fields, but one of the main form fields is the Consent field.👆🏻 Using this form field will allow you to ask customers to give permission or agree to something. Before we dip in the details go ahead and discover more about the form module.
- Drag & drop the consent field into the form module.
- Click on the field to enter the consent field settings:
- Labels and description - Here you can change the label as it suits you, and by clicking on the field you can edit the description.
- Validation - You are able to add a validation rule that will make the consent field required. Here you can also add an error message, that will pop-out if the client is trying to submit the form without filling the required fields.
- Custom style - In the custom styles you are allowed to be more flexible with the consent form.
- Label Position - Change the label position to Top, Left or Right.
- Label Text Alignment - Here you can easily align the text to the left, center, right or justify.
- Space before field
- Space before the help text
- Space before next field
- Consent type - From the drop-down menu choose your consent type:
- Terms and conditions
- Email subscription
- SMS subscription
Tip: You can change the content on any consent type, and make sure you include a link to your terms in the field.
- After selecting the terms you can add the Options:
- Consent only
- Consent & Decline
- Decline only
Using validation rules with consent options
When using the validation rules with the consent options, keep in mind that the consent field will have different functionality based on which option is selected.
Note: When it is selected Consent only, or Decline only - the submit button in the form will in a way work as a toggle between true and false. Meaning, if the option is set to Consent only with validation rule Required - the value must be "true" to submit the form. Similarly, if it's set to Decline only and the validation rule is Required, the value must be "false" to submit the form.
Lastly, if it's selected Consent and decline, and the field is not required, the form can be submitted without a value. But if the field is required it must have any value (either true or false) to submit the form.