Wrong contacts receiving wrong communication is the worst nightmare for every marketer. That's why testing before send is the mother of all.🧐
Today we'll show you how to test, and make sure your contacts receive the intended email.
But before we dive in, make sure you cover the basic and priority segmentation basics!
The first level of segmentation is the basic segmentation and it's allowing you to divide customers based on their interests. In order to use priority segmentation, you must have a basic segmentation to your module. Priority segmentation can't be used on a module that is not previously segmented.
How to test?
- Start by adding yourself as a contact to the account. You can also add your colleagues to include them in the test.
- You can create one Main segment for testing purposes. Add at least 3 values and add your colleagues to those values.
- For example, the main segment can be named "For testing" and its values "Anna", "Jon" and "Jannet". You can add your colleague's names and add them to the correct segments. (You can also test this by yourself if you have at least 2 different email addresses)
- Add one more colleague that shouldn't be a part of a segment. So that we can test the content for all others.
- Use one email template just for testing purposes.
- Add a sender in the Send tab.
- Now start segmenting! Choose a module and segment it, and for each of your colleagues add personalized content. According to our example, there should be 3 segments.
- Remember to drag and drop your template modules into the blue colored area. When drag&dropping a new module, the line must change to blue. Edit the content that would fit the contacts in the chosen segment. There won't be 3 modules, just 1 module with 3 different versions!
- Add one more segment that would be Content for all others.
- Now you have a content that is in a segment group. It's time to send the campaign!
- From the drop-down menu, click Send preview. Select all of your colleagues, all 4 in our example. And click Send!
Tip: We recommend using the Send preview option because you can delete the testing email later, and keep your campaign list clean.
All 3 colleagues that were a part of the segmentation will receive their own personalized email, with the content that they are interested in. The other colleague that wasn't a part of the segmentation will receive the content for all others.
And voilà! Only one email, but in 4 different versions. Once you are done with testing you can go live, and impress your customers!😄
Please sign in to leave a comment.