We talked about the segmentation in Loopify in the 'What can I do with segmentation?' article and explained that marketing's biggest strength is contact and content segmentation.
Sure the strategy of segmenting the contacts based on primary characteristics like gender, location, or age has benefits, but creating campaigns based on contact habits or actions opens up a completely new path. The interactive content is better at creating a unique user experience. You can engage your audience based on their participation without asking them to participate actively.
To see how you can do this in Loopify it's best if I show it to you by example.
Let's say that you are a sports shop and you want to recommend or organize some gym and at-home workouts for your customers. In order to send personalized content first, you need to know what your customers prefer and send them relevant content based on that knowledge.
To achieve that you'll need to start with a flow campaign and create a customer journey.
- Start with an entry block - in our example we'll use the New Entry block where we'll add all of our customers, but you can use any entry block of course.
- Connect the entry block with an Email block.
- The first newsletter will find out what people want to achieve with their body, we'll link some articles for losing weight, gaining weight, and building muscles for example.
- We'll link all articles in the email to our blog where we talk about the related topic.
- Connect the Email block with a Wait block with an onSend connection - we'll add 2 days of delay in the wait block.
- Connect the Wait block to another Email block.
- The second newsletter has a job to find out if the contacts prefer to workout in a gym or at home.
- Save your flow, and once you are ready go live!
Once the contacts receive the newsletters they can click on any workout they prefer or where do they want to workout.
For example, a contact can click on building muscles in the first newsletter and at the gym on the second. This way you already know what this contact prefers, and you can create segments based on that. You could create a segment only for contacts that wish to build muscles at home and send them relevant content from that point on.
You can also add them to a new campaign where you start sending them content such as '10 important workouts for building muscles at home' or 'Achieve the desired body at the comfort of your home', or even suggest a proper diet!
Of course, this is just an example, but instead of workouts, it can be cooking lessons, puppy training and the list can go on. 😌