Personalization is the key to marketing. Making all those personalized messages could take a lot of time and focus, right? Yeah, not anymore.
The next level of personalization means clicking the Send button once, but the email is sent in 1000 different variants with different content, different images, from a different sender and much more! Nope, no need to through each and every campaign to edit them, this is not 1995.
Collections and records
Let's say you are a car company with dozens of retailers in the country. We'll start by creating a Collection to store all the retailers' data and then use them in communication.
Go to Dashboard Settings → Contacts → Manage account data fields
- Click Add a new collection of variables +
- Add a collection name (for example, 'Retailers')
- Choose to Add new record + to the new collection, in our example, the retailers
- Give the new record an ID and Name
- Save once you are done
Fields and personal senders
The ID and Name fields are mandatory. More fields in a record can be added by going to the Fields tab. Simply add the fields that suit your retailers (like Mobile, Address and so on).
Important Note: The record's ID is very important because if you are importing contacts to your records though contacts app, file import block, API and so on, you should always use the record ID to map the fields!
When adding an email address to your record, make sure it's a valid email address so you can verify it. The Verify button will appear after you add it. Once you click verify, an email will be sent to that email with a code.
The emails in your records can be used as personal senders for email communication, meaning each contact in Loopify can receive messages only from their relevant retailer. With only one send!
Where can you find your collections, and how to add contacts to them?
Once you are done with creating your collections you can simply close the window, and you'll find them in the Contacts app listed right after your main segments. You can add contacts to your collections just like regular segments.
How and where can I use them?
Their main purpose is automatized personalization.
You now have a collection of retailers and have Loopify contacts that are part of different retailers. When sending a communication, you put these retailer-variables as text in your campaigns, and they will automatically be converted to the relevant retailer data for each contact. When you send the communication with personal senders, Loopify will check which contacts are part of which retailers, and use those email senders instead. Every single contact will see data relevant only for them.
The places where you can use the variable collections:
- In your communication - just like our standard variables you can add your variable collections in your Email, Page, SMS or Print campaigns.
- As personalized email senders.
- In Custom links - when you add a link that is Custom, you can insert the regular variables or variable collections. When the email is sent, these variables will be converted to the actual data meaning you can send personalized links for each client.
- In External Images - when changing any image in a campaign, you can link to an external image. In the URL for this image, you can insert a variable that would convert to a different value for each contact, meaning a different personalized image for everyone!
And there you have it! Now that you have the main things set up, let's take a look at an example of how all this works! Sweeeet.