Do you feel the need to add additional content, like quick notes to your text? 🤔 I bet they can be handy, especially for short documentation or further defining a word.
The popovers in Loopify are pretty easy to add, here is how:
- Open your page campaign
- Select the text to which you want to add a popover
- From the menu choose 'Link' 🔗
- When the link window opens from the drop-down menu choose Popover text
- Write the popover text that you want to appear. You can also style your text by adding bold, italic, underline, and emojis
- From the Advanced Settings:
- choose the position of the popover text (top, bottom, left or right)- meaning where the popover bubble will be placed.
- set the trigger for the popover text (on click or on mouseover) - meaning if the popover should appear when the user clicks or hovers over the text.
If you want to see how your popovers look, open the preview, and you'll be able to see them as the user would.
Where can you add a popover text?
Popover texts are only possible in Pages, and you can add them to any text you see fit and even on images.
The difference between popovers and tooltips
Popovers and tooltips carry the same purpose - tips and helpful, informational content.
Tooltips are informative, on point, concise messages. They are best used when describing the meaning of an element in the content.
Popovers, however, hold the same purpose, but they can include a header and many lines in the body part. The good thing about them is that you can have all the details for one element without leaving the page.
Neat eh? 😊 Now you can go straight ahead and add those popovers!