Custom events are events that happen for example in your webshop - a customer visits it, selects a product and the quantity, and buys it. These sorts of events can then be used in a Smart Segment to list contacts based on the amount, quantity, dates of purchases, and so on. Find and get in touch with contacts that are booking more frequently, spend the most, and much more!
- First, upload your CSV file to our safe FTP. Make sure your CSV file includes contacts with email, mobile, external ID, and the field(s) you want to be included in the custom even collection (for example, price; booking date; amount;).
- When you upload your file as described, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave the rest to us! We'll let you know when the integration is completed.
After it's done, it's time to use Custom Events in sorting contacts using our Smart segments.
- Create a new smart segment from the Contacts app
- Click Custom Events+ and select your integrated webshop
- Select a webshop field using the first dropdown. You can find specific contacts based on the price, order date, number of entries, the sum of their orders, etc.
Note: the number and sum fields in Custom Events will ignore listing conditions connected with some of the following. Use all of the following instead! (you'll be further notified if you come across this).
- When you have your Custom Event condition set, you can further match against Contact data. This combo opens a lot of possibilities!
That's pretty much it. Create those Smart Segments and find out exactly who does what, when and how! 🤯