Variables play a big part in the marketing automation world, they help you save time and make everything more efficient. 👩💻
From the Dashboard Settings → Contacts → Manage contact data fields now you have the ability to add your own Global Account Variables.
- Click on the Global account variables drop-down;
- Choose Add variable + ;
- give your variable a name, for example, ‘Company name’ and as a value add your company name;
You can add as many account variables as you need, and you can also edit or remove them at any time.
So what does account variable mean? 🤔
👉 Account variables have a value on a global scale and you can use them in every single campaign. You add them once, and they'll be converted every time a communication is sent.
Example: You have an account variable called "Company Address". The value here is "Street 123". You send hundreds of emails with the company address variable and each of them will contain the Street 123. BUT, your company grows and you just got a new office on "Street 456". You already have another hundred emails scheduled, so you wouldn't want all of them to show the old street, correct? That's why you can change it only once in the account-variables settings (from Street 123 to Street 456), and voila - all your future 100 scheduled emails will contain your new address! No need to do 100 edits!
More useful variable-examples: Company Name, Company Phone, Current Year, Current Month and much more!.
How can you use account variables?
If you created your account variables,
- go to your campaign where you wish to use them;
- Hover over the text where you want to insert the account variable, just like a regular variable;
- From the first drop-down menu select 'Insert An Account Variable,' then from the second drop-down select an account field.
Useful eh? Now go ahead and create your own account variables!
And now I encourage you to find out more about our account collections, they are pretty awesome. ✌