As you probably know by now, the Flow is the mothership of marketing automation. Being a mothership, it may take some time to construct the perfect one. Thanks to our duplicate method though, a single Flow campaign can be fully copied. Then, with just a few simple tweaks - it'll be ready to "launch"! 🚀
Let's see which Flow blocks are easily duplicated and which ones require attention.
Tip: Basically, the parts that aren't duplicated are only those that will not make sense to duplicate them - such as campaign senders or imported contacts.
Campaign entries blocks
- New Entry - it is duplicated, but its Flow ID is of course changed with the new Flow ID.
- Contacts - Segments, Smart Segments, and Campaigns segments are duplicated. However, imported contacts are not duplicated, as a different user of the Flow may want to import new contacts.
- Page - in the duplicated flow, you'll see a copy of the page. You need to either finalize or swap this copy. Finalize means to add and keep the original content to a template of your choice. Swap means to swap the original with another campaign. The title, description, tags, and restrictions of the original page in both cases are duplicated.
- SMS in - the SMS keywords are not duplicated.
- API Entry - the mapping of the API Entry block is duplicated.
- File Import - the contacts imported via the Import block are not duplicated.
- External form - the mapping of the External form is duplicated.
Timing & Split blocks
- Wait - all the values in this block are duplicated.
- Split - all the values in this block are duplicated.
- Email/SMS/Print blocks - same as the Page block - you'd need to either finalize or swap the campaign. Again, with finalize, you'd keep the original content and you'd just need to add it to a template of your choice. The subject, preheader, tags, and campaign name are duplicated, but the senders of the campaigns are not and they need to be set again.
Status check blocks
- Check email/SMS/Page status - the values (opened, clicked, etc.) are duplicated, but the selected document is not. You first need to resolve (finalize or swap) the communication blocks. EX: In the original Flow, a Check Page status block is connected to a Page block. In the duplicated Flow, the Check Page Status block will still show the document from the Page block, but after it is finalized or swapped.
- Contacts match - all the values are duplicated, including the matched segment.
Updates & alerts blocks
- Update contacts - all the values are duplicated, with the same tags and segments as the original.
- Add to campaign - does not duplicate the originally-selected campaign, you'd have to select a campaign manually.
- Send report/alert - all the values in these blocks are duplicated.
Note: Let's say in the original Flow, you have an email with a button that links to a page from the same Flow. In the duplicated Flow, this connection will remain - the button in the new email will link to the new page, but only after you finalize them both.
- All the connections between the blocks are duplicated as they are in the original Flow.
- The campaign name and scheduled start/stop dates are duplicated unless they became historical dates at the duplication moment. Also, a duplicated Flow will always be set to an inactive status.
And these are all the details you need to know! Duplicating a full Flow campaign can and will save a lot of time because time is precious. 😉