Did you skip a step and came here? Go back and read about the Email block otherwise, this will make no sense whatsoever. Of course, this block is connected to the Email block. It needs to check the status of the selected email.
- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the Email status block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to the Email block.
- Hover over the status block to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Note: The setting is required and a document needs to be selected.
Email status settings
In the settings you can check if the selected email from the email block was:
- Sent to the contacts.
- Opened by the contacts.
- Clicked - whether the contacts clicked the link in the email.
- Errored - whether some error occurred and the email wasn't sent.
All these four questions can have two answers, either yes or no. That's why you can connect this block to other blocks with two types of connections.
- Connect the email status block to another block.
- Choose the type of connection.
There are two types of Email status block connections:
- Yes - the email IS either sent, opened, clicked or errored i.e the conditions are met, so these contacts will pass onto the block connected with this connection.
- No - the email ISN'T sent, opened, clicked or errored i.e. the conditions aren't met, so these contacts will pass onto the block connected with this connection.
Tip: We suggest connecting a Wait block before the Status check. That way, you are able to do the check after the time specified in the Wait block.