If you have come to this article you are moving up the Flow knowledge scale. Welcome to the Semi-Pro division. The name itself tells you that, first, you need to have an SMS block from the Campaign entries connected to the Check SMS status block.
- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the SMS status block to the Flow canvas.
- Connect it to the SMS block.
- Hover over the block to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Note: The setting is required and a document needs to be selected.
SMS status settings
In the settings you can check if the selected SMS from the SMS block is:
- Sent to the contacts.
- Clicked - whether the contacts clicked the link in the SMS.
- Errored - whether some error occurred and the SMS wasn't sent.
All these three questions can have two answers, either yes or no. That's why you can connect this block to other blocks with two types of connections.
- Connect it to another block.
- Choose the type of connection.
There are two types of SMS status block connections:
- yes - the SMS IS either sent, clicked or errored i.e the conditions are met, so these contacts will pass onto the block connected with this connection.
- no - the SMS ISN'T sent, clicked or errored i.e. the conditions aren't met, so these contacts will pass onto the block connected with this connection.
Tip: We suggest connecting a Wait block before the Status check. That way, you are able to do the check after the time specified in the Wait block.
Ta-da! Now that can make a successful Flow campaign! How about you check the status of other stuff like the Email status or the Page status. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous we suggest the Contact match block. Go ahead to become a Flow-Pro!