Besides uploading your images and using the free Loopify images, you can also link to an external image!😄 What's that you may ask? Well, that is when you have the URL of an uploaded image and you can simply copy-paste it in the right field. Doing so will add the image to your email, page, or wherever you see it fit.
Now, let's go through the details.
- Go to one of your email, pages or print campaigns.
- Hover over any image.
- Click the Change button.
- From the top of the window choose Upload external image.
- Copy the image URL and paste it into the field.
- You can add variables to the image link. This can further specify where the image is coming from. It can also be used to send personalized images, i.e specific images to specific contacts only.
- When done, click Select and the image will be inserted in your campaign.
- On external images, there is no automatic resizing. Meaning, if the image is very large, the image will fit the image box or container, but the template may load slower because of the image size.
- If the image is too small it will still fit the whole image box, but the image quality can be low because it will be stretched.
- In an email, keep in mind that the external image shouldn't be bigger than the image box (container) width.
- When inserting an external image, make sure that the site you take taking the image from is able to handle the traffic created by contacts opening the image.
And, that's it! Now you are ready to use external images!📸