Yes, you can use your own domain with Loopify as long as you have a paid Loopify account.
First, you have to verify that you have access to the domain. This will allow Loopify to send newsletters on your behalf and track link clicks. However, if you don't want to add your domain - you can send emails using our domain lpy.io which does not require any domain setup.
Adding and verifying your domain is an easy process that you must do at least 48 hours before you can use your domain.
- First, follow the steps to Add a new email sender.
- When you have a sender, go to Settings > Email > Newsletter Sender Domains
- Click +Add a new domain
- Select your data region, based on your location (EU or US). Add your domain prefix and select your added domain from the drop-down menu.
- Click Register Domain. You'll then receive an email on the registered domain with some DNS records.
- Open your DNS provider and add these records. Common providers include:
- If the DNS email you've received looks like gibberish, forward it to your IT department. This is a super important step, and they'll know what to do.
- After these records are added, it may take up to 48 hours for the domain to be fully updated. Usually, you should check the registration status by visiting Settings > Email > Newsletter Sending Domains again after 48 hours and click the Check status for <domain> button. If it's verified, you can start using your domain to send out newsletters.
Settings needed for you to register your domain
TXT records (known as SPF & DKIM) are required to send and receive emails with Loopify.
|TXT||sub.yourdomain.com||v=spf1 include:eu.mailgun.org ~all|
The CNAME record is necessary for tracking opens, clicks, and unsubscribes. Without it, you can send newsletters but you won't have any reports.
MX records are recommended for all domains, even if you are only sending messages. Unless you already have MX records for '
sub.yourdomain.com' pointing to another email provider (e.g. Gmail), you should update the following records.
Note: The sub-domain created in Loopify doesn't have to exist as a CNAME record, the only CNAME record required is the email.sub.yourdomain.com pointing to mailgun.org for tracking of opens and clicks.
Tools for checking your domain values
If you are uncertain about what values are stored in your DNS use the following tools to verify.