- From the Flow block library, drag & drop the Split block to the Flow canvas.
- Hover over the block and to see the settings and delete button.
- Click on the settings button.
Split block settings
Split can't work on its own. You need to specify how and what do you want to split. Choose the type of split:
- Split contacts - split the contacts and the communication they are receiving (Email, SMS, Print). Here you can add any communication blocks to split the contacts. The first contact will receive the first communication (ex. email), the second will receive the second one (ex. SMS), the third contact the third one (ex. print) and so on.
- Split test on opening rate - test and check which of the connected emails has the highest opening rate. Under advanced settings, you can specify the minimum and maximum test sends per block, the comparison time of the last campaign sent and set the winning percentage based on the deviance. After testing, the email with the highest opening rate will be used.
- Split test on click rate - test and check which of the connected emails or SMS has the highest click rate. Same as the opening rate, you can specify the minimum and maximum test sends per block, the comparison time of the last campaign sent and set the winning percentage based on the deviance. After testing the communication with the highest click rate will be used further in the campaign.
Opening rate example: A split block is connected to three email blocks. Under advanced settings, we have set the minimum test sends to 50 and maximum test sends to 150. This means that each connected email will be tested and sent to a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 150 contacts. Under Compare campaigns sent minimum, we have set 3 hours ago which means that the campaigns that are being tested must have been sent at least 3 hours ago. Newly sent campaigns will not be a part of the test because it's logical that they will not have the same opening rate. If under the last deviance field we put a value of 20%, the first email that reaches 20% more opens than the rest (before the max. test sends) will be set as a winner and will further be used in the campaign.
You now know how Split works. Try connecting it to different blocks like campaign entries, email or SMS in a Flow, and see how simple things can do magic. We have other cool blocks, like the ones for Status check and Updates & Alerts.