A whitelist is a name for an email client's list of trusted senders. And trusted senders are people and domains that you want to receive emails from.
When you whitelist an email address means you are ensuring that emails which are sent from that specific sender can reach your inbox always, not the spam or junk folder.
Here are some popular email clients and how can you whitelist senders in each of them.
- Outlook 2016/365
- Click on the email which sender you want to whitelist. Find the notification () and click it.
- Then find and click the Add Sender to Safe Senders List, and the sender will be added to your whitelist right away.
- Open the email which sender you want to whitelist, and right below the email subject line, you can see the sender's email address.
- Go to the email search bar and click on the search options () button.
- In the form write the domain you want to whitelist. You can just write the sender's domain in the first field (From) and click Create Filter.
- Then select Never send it to Spam filter, and click Create Filter.
- Windows Mail
- Open the email which sender you want to whitelist and click on the sender's email address.
- Click on the Save button () to save the contact. Fill out the form if needed and click Save, and the sender will be a part of your contacts list.