Before we go all-in on the campaign fields, make sure you got the Page form fields covered up. 😊
In Loopify we have two types of fields, contact and campaign fields. The contact fields are part of all contacts. The campaign fields in Loopify are unique, and they are not a part of every contact - only of the contacts that are part of a specific campaign.
Now, let's get to know the campaign fields with an example!☝️
- From your page campaign drag and drop the Form module, and add some form fields.
- In the field settings, you'll see the Save to the following Loopify field or +Add as a new campaign field. This means you can save the submitted value from this field to a specific contact field or create a new campaign field that will be valid only for this campaign.
Let's say that you are a car dealer company that wants to create an Event for your topmost customers to try to the new car models. So this campaign will be just for preferred customers, not all contacts on your account.
What you can do is create an email campaign that leads to the sign-up form for the event and invite your top customers. The page form can contain all the needed fields like first name, last name, email, etc. But for this specific example, we'll include the Choice field, just so you can list their new car models and the customers will be able to choose what type of car they want to try.
This would be a perfect opportunity for you to add a new campaign field from the Choice field. And here is how:
- Enter the Choice field settings so you can select a field.
- From the drop-down menu choose Add as a new campaign filed.
- Give the field a name.
- Now fill in the details in the form, provide a few choices, specifically in our example we'll add a few car models.
Now, you have a campaign field used only in this specific campaign, and it will be valid only for the contacts that submitted this particular form. This will not affect other campaigns or other contacts that didn't submit the form. And of course, all information will be safely stored to the contacts concerning the campaign.
Preview and group your contacts with campaign values
You can easily preview and group your contacts by using Smart Segments. You can sort your contacts based on their campaign choices.
- Go to the smart segments
- From the first drop-down menu choose campaign values, where you can see all of your campaign fields listed. Simply choose the wanted campaign value and set the conditions.
In our example above, we'll just choose our campaign value, set the condition to contains, and write the value (in this case - the car model). The segment will then list all contacts that have chosen that specific car model.
The campaign fields will not be placed like the other contact fields. Click on the contact that has submitted a form with campaign fields, go to Contact values from the contact card, and all campaigns will be listed that the contact was a part of. Click on the campaign where you can see the field source and the field values nicely listed. From there you can have a clear view of the contact data that was stored from the campaign. You can also notice that the contacts fields have a green color and the campaign fields have a blue color.
And that is all you need to know about our campaign fields, easy and handy!
Please sign in to leave a comment.