The answer is yes! The Update contact block gives you the option to copy data fields from another contact. Something like a bulk-update of many contacts. Sounds quite interesting, right?🧐 I won't dwell much, and I'll dive right into it.
Things you'll need:
- A Flow campaign with the Update Contact block
- An original contact with many filled fields that other contacts can copy
- A list of other contacts that when reaching this block, they'll copy the selected fields from the original contact.
Let's say you have a list of contacts, and you want to update their fields with data from another (original) contact. To do this first, you must first have a contact with ExternalID field whose value must be the same as the value in the custom field of the contacts that will copy from this contact. Let's say that again - the original contact must have an original field-value that the copying-contacts can find and copy the data from it. It's like saying "A-ha! So this is the original contact that we have to copy the data from. We know that because our custom field match their ExternalID field".
For example, we have an original contact with the value 999 in their ExternalID field. The contacts that need to be updated must have the same value in their custom field you specify. Meaning, the value of the custom field, in our example DealerID, should also be 999.
- From the Update contact block settings, in the Action drop-down menu, select Copy data from another contact.
- From the Lookup field, select the custom field (DealerID in our example) that has the same value as the ExternalID field of the original contact.
- In the Copy fields, select the field(s) you want to be copied.
Now all contacts coming to this block and have 999 in their DealerID will copy the selected fields from the original contact.
Note: You must fill in all the fields in the original contact so that you can copy from them later.
If this still got you like 🤔, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!
Since we have covered this cool feature, you can have a glance at the rest of the Updates & alerts blocks. It's good to update stuff and stay informed.