Before we start, make sure you are properly introduced to our Smart segments. They allow you to sort your contacts into meaningful groups so that you can bring out more effective marketing. But did you know that they can also work as quick reports? I bet you didn't, but there is no doubt that you will love them.😍 So, let's dive in!
Campaign events are events that are happening in your campaigns - a contact opens an email, visits a page, clicks on a link, submits a form, unsubscribes etc. Using this, you can measure any event and quickly sort out your contacts based on all these types of events.
- In the Contacts app, click the +New segment button.
- Name it and add a new Campaign events+ group.
- If you delete the default Contact Data group, you'll now see the Find contacts with some of the following. This means the smart segment will find and list contacts with the event you specified.
- Now, click on the first drop-down menu to preview all campaign events. From here, you can search & type for the needed event or sort the search by apps (optional).
- Choose the criteria from the second drop-down menu. You can filter the criteria by choosing if the campaign is used in flow or not used in flow. Now, select your campaign, they are all nicely listed with their campaign names.
- If you choose the campaign event has clicked on email/pages/SMS a third drop-down menu will appear enabling you to choose which link would you like checked.
- The default is set to Any link, meaning the segment will list contacts that have clicked on any link from the campaign in question.
- If you have many links in your campaign, then you can go more specific and click on the third drop-down menu and click Select a link. The selected campaign will appear in a new window and all links will be presented with dotted squares. Simply click on any link and save the changes.
- After you click Save, you can see the actual link in the third drop-down menu, and you can view or change the link to another one.
- When you are done click Save & close.
- If you click now on the newly created smart segment, depending on your segmentation contacts matching the criteria will be listed!
Tip: Using the has unsubscribed event, you can find if you have any unsubscribers from the selected campaign. With the has filed a form, you can find out exactly who has submitted that lovely form you made!
All excited to try the campaign events in smart segments?🤩 Thought so, here with the help of our example you can test how they work, and then use them in an actual customer-campaign!
- Send a test email to your segment 'colleagues'.
- Then, create a smart-segment and give it a name.
- From the default Contact data group, set the condition to Segment - contains - colleagues. This Smart Segment will check only within contacts from the colleagues segment.
- Add a new group with Campaign events.
- Set the condition to has opened email - YourEmail.
- Choose keep or exclude as the connection between the two groups.
- With keep, the Smart Segment will show contacts that are part of your 'colleagues' segment and have opened the email
- With exclude, the Smart Segment will show you the 'colleagues' but exclude the ones that have opened the email. This means you'll find all those colleagues who have not opened your email. Go and have a talk with them!
Whether you keep or exclude, the smart segment will show how many of your contacts match the criteria you just set! Feel free to experience with other campaign events!
Easy-peasy!😃 Now go ahead and read our smart segment examples and get creative!
Please sign in to leave a comment.