You can easily set up a File import block to check for the latest uploaded file (list of contacts) and send communication to it. If you have a new list of contacts that is updated daily, there is no need to manually update your flow on a daily level with the latest contacts.
Things you'll need:
- A Flow set to repeat daily/weekly/monthly/yearly (wow!)
- A hosting place where you (will) have your uploaded file
- A specific name of the uploaded file with today's date
Things you'll need to do:
- Add the file import block and the link to the file location
- Make sure that your file is named with today's date, in the following format: YYYYMMDD
- Example name: Contactfile20181231.csv
- Example link: ftp://loopify.exavault.com/Contactfile__TODAY__.csv
- Click Manage field mapping and map your fields.
- Toggle on the Import file onFlow activation/repeat, to have a fully automated workflow.
- Activate the flow with a repeated status.
Here's what will happen. If the Flow's repeated status is daily, on Flow activation, the File Import block will daily check at the specified location (in the URL) for a file that is named with the today's date. If we activate it on 29.12.2018, it will check for a file named "FileName20181229". If there is a hosted file like this, it will send communication to it. The next day (30.12.2018), it will check for a file named "FileName20181230". If there is a file, it will send communication to contacts in that file and so on.
Note: If there is no file for a specific day, the communication will skip that day, and continue the process the next day.
All this means that with just a single Flow activation, you can automize a sending process on a daily/weekly/monthly level. No daily editing needed!