Even though email is the most preferred way of communication, some contacts may want to be reached by SMS only. This will require making a list of all contacts that have not given email consent, but only SMS. Time to smartly sort them out, using our smart segments!
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Smart Segments, click New segment
- Name your segment.
- Choose contacts matching all of the following criteria. We choose all (not some) because all of the criteria in this group need to be met in making the correct segment.
- Select your contacts in the first criterion - simply choose the main segment you need.
- Make sure that their mobile contact field is not empty with a second criterion.
- List all who accepted the SMS consent with a third criterion.
- Add a new segment group.
- Set the relation between the groups to "and some of the following". We'll explain in a bit.
- Add a criterion that will list contacts that have declined email consent
- Add another criterion that will list contacts that have not set their email consent.
- Contacts may have a declined or not set email consent, but still be a part of this "Only SMS consent" segment. Thus, the connection is "some of the following" (either one of the criteria). Here, we don't want contacts that have accepted email consent because the segment is only about SMS consent.
- Save & Close when you are done.
Congratulations on this one! If contacts prefer SMS only, then SMS is what they're going to get!😊 You can also list contacts with email consent or SMS consent, regardless. Now, let's end this article with a lovely tip.
Tip: Our smart segments (being smart) will constantly update themselves. In other words, any future contact that matches the criteria of a smart segment will automatically be added to it!