There's an upcoming sale and you'd need to make an email with all your discounted products. "This will take ages!" may be your first thought, but in Loopify, there are two quick ways to list all your product data in your email template. This can be done if you:
- Have a script that returns the product data values from your product database
- Upload the products as a CSV file in our API.
In both ways, the product data from your source will automatically be inserted into your Loopify email. The email will be then enriched with all your products and their images, titles, descriptions, prices and their call-to-action button. This is how to do it with a CSV file:
- First, you'd need to have a CSV file of your product data. In order for Loopify to recognize the products, the CSV must be semicolon-separated with these headers: id;imageUrl;title;description;price;callToAction
- This CSV file needs to be hosted and its URL must point to a “downloadable” CSV file. If hosted on Dropbox, add the parameter dl=1 at the end of the link.
- Copy this downloadable URL, sign in to our API, and paste it in the system API entry. You'll also see the S-parameter here, where you can add any specific product IDs you want returned.
- Execute this endpoint query, and it will return the response in the following format:
- You will also see a link in the "Request URL" field. Copy this seemingly important link.
- Back to Loopify. Open your email template and find your product module in the module library. Under its settings, it will have a Source field. Paste the "Request URL" link here. This product module will now be able to list your products.
- Drag & drop the product module into your email template. Click on it and among other customizable settings, you'll see the Query field. Clicking it while blank will list all your uploaded product in your product module. Pasting a specific product ID in the Query field (the IDs from the CSV) will instantly add that specific product to this module.
Tip: You can add as many products as you want in the Query field, just make sure their IDs are comma-separated.
And that's pretty much it! The products in your email are now ready to reach your contacts and put a smile on their face 😁
Please sign in to leave a comment.