Wish to remind your customers when they have to go to service? Let's say you are a car company and you want to send your customers a service day reminder. No problem! Create a smart segment for all your customers that need service this month.
Note: Make sure that you've created a custom field in the Manage contact fields named Service day and the input type is selected to date.
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Click New segment under Smart Segments.
- Name your segment.
- Choose contacts matching all of the following criteria. We choose all (not some) because all of the criteria in this group need to be met in making the correct segment.
- From the drop-down menu select segments → contains → customers. This smart segment will include only the contacts who are in your 'customers' segment. Contacts from other segments will not be included. Only your customers will receive reminders for the service day.
- Add one more criterion.
- From the second criterion from the first drop-down menu select the contact variable 'service day'. The contact must have a service day in order to be a part of the smart segmentation.
- From the second drop-down menu select 'occur within the next', and write the number. In our example, the service day is set up in 30 days. Which means if the customer has 40 days before the service day, this customer won't be a part of the segment. But when the time comes, the customer will be a part of the segment (that is 30 days before the service day)
- From last drop-down menu, you can choose days, months and even seconds. But we will go with days.
Now all your customers who need a service in the next 30 days are nicely grouped together. The contacts in this segment will change all the time as the service date changes. You can now remind them about the service day with an email or SMS.
That's it! You got your new smart segment on the list now.
Now, never miss a birthday by using smart segments.