Segment groups are like mini-segments within a smart segment. Thanks to them, you can further specify your smart segments which will make sure that only the right contacts receive the right info.
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Click New segment under Smart Segments.
- Name your segment.
- Choose whether the contacts should match some (at least one) or all of the added criteria.
- Add criteria to the current and Add a new group.
- Choose criteria for the second added group.
- Choose whether the contacts should match the first and/or the second group, and should they match some (at least one) or all of the criteria.
- Add more groups if needed.
- Save & Close when you are done.
Tip: When you use and to link two segment groups means that the contacts in this segment should match the criteria from both of these groups. Ex: Customers or Leads, but they also must be from London or New York. Linking the groups with or means the contacts should match the criteria from either one of the segment groups.
Wow! What about that? These smart segments can really organize the contacts in the most specific ways. 💭 Check out how they can be used in sorting contacts who have given only their SMS consent.